New to Yoga?
If you’re new to Yoga Bala and simply want to sign up. Your first class is only $8.00 register here and create your on-line Yoga Bala App
If you’re new to yoga, we’re glad you’re beginning a new journey. Let us help you navigate!
What is Yoga?
Yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual discipline, originating in India. The word yoga in Sanskrit literally translates to “yoke,” meaning to join or unite. The goal of a yoga practice is to bring the body and mind together into one experience.
Build on three main structures— exercise, breathing, and meditation— the yoga practice is designed to increase the body’s efficiency and total health.
Yoga Bala School of Yoga is devoted to helping you relax, unwind, and move. Our classes emphasize stress reduction, strengthening, and relaxation. Our mission is to allow students to depart from their work environments and have the opportunity to look within, refocus, and regain a sometimes lost sense of perspective.
What Class Level is Right for Me?
We recommend beginners start out with gentle classes or all levels if there is a stronger physical foundation. These classes focus on teaching the foundation necessary to build a safe, lifelong practice. Get the personal attention you deserve by choosing the right class level for you.
1: Beginner/Gentle (I’ve taken 0-5 Classes)
2: Intermediate (I’ve taken 6+ Classes)
3: Advanced (I am familiar with headstands, backbends)
We also offer private Yoga classes to students who want a more private introduction to Yoga, please contact us to schedule your session.
What Should I Expect?
While individual classes will vary to some extent, yoga classes at YB are made up of a series of poses called asanas. Asanas include standing poses, seated poses, twists, forward bends, back bends, and inversions.
– Wear workout clothes that are comfortable and easy to move in. Socks and shoes are not worn during class.
– It’s best not to eat a big meal at least 2-3 hours before class. Avoid drinking too much water during class, but remember to hydrate afterwards.
– There is no need to reserve a spot. After you attend regularly you can signup on line for ease of getting set up quickly at the studio
– Before class begins, let the instructor know about anything that might affect your practice, such as injuries, pregnancy, recent illness, chronic health conditions, anxiety, depression, migraines, etc.
– If it’s your very first class, please arrive about 10 minutes early to register, purchase a class card, and get acquainted with the studio.
– Please do not enter studio if a “class in progress” sign is hanging on the door. Be sure to turn OFF your cell phone.
What Should I Bring?
YB provides Yoga mats along with all the other Yoga props you will need to participate in class at no cost. So just bring yourself and a beginners mind!